Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oracular Orb

I don't know if any of you know about Neil Gaiman, but he's a fabulous, award winning writer.

He first came to my attention for writing the Sandman comic books. These are fabulous stories with a mythical quality that are top-notch writing. I love them. He's written way too much for me to go into it all here, so click the link to find out more.

Anyway, He has a blog, and on that blog is his Oracular Orb, which is a "serious instrument of divination."

Click the link above to experience the orb yourself. Instructions (which are hilarious) are included. Make sure you follow the directions, or it will tell you you're doing it wrong! I'm going to put a link to it in the sidebar so that you can find it in the future.

If you happen to have a G1 phone through T-mobile, you can get this as an app for your phone. If you install it on the phone, you have to actually shake the phone to make it work. I love it on my G1!

If you follow the tweets in the sidebar, or follow me on twitter, I frequently retweet things that he's put up there, or you can use it find him on there and follow him directly.

Whatever you do, find out more about him if you don't know about him already.

************************

Tonight, Children of Earth continues with the excitement unabated! Don't miss it on BBC in America.

Oh, and there's a new Burn Notice on tonight as well.

They're both scheduled at the same time, but they both repeat later, so you don't have to miss one or the other. If you don't want to stay up late, choose Children of Earth to watch, and catch Burn Notice sometime later in the week.

**************************

I spent most of the time that I usually do on a post by typing up the instructions to my comfortable socks. I want to wait until tomorrow to proof it, and it still needs photos. But it will be up soon.

In the meantime, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment