Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oooops!

In my last post, I said several things about the future that did not come to pass.

Sorry!

I was looking at the wrong day when I said what would be on TV. It was not, in reality shown on Monday night, but on Tuesday night.

And I intended to put up something biographical yesterday. But I seem to be suffering from terminal shyness.

Also, computer problems.

When I got my iMac, it was a present from a friend, and it was not brand new. The keyboard would sometimes type two letters when I hit a key only once. The mouse would sometimes jump to a totally different location on the screen just as I was pressing the mouse button.

Now, it periodically locks one key on, and just keeps typing the same key. The key isn't stuck down. I don't know what's wrong with it, but it's an occasional challenge.

And the mouse has gone from a mild annoyance to almost impossible to deal with. I'm using the keyboard for scrolling and stuff as much as possible. It quit working at all (once in a while) until it was unplugged and replugged in months ago. Then that happened with increasing frequency. Now it's to a point where I have to unplug it and replug it in each time I want to point and click. Sometimes I have to replug to point and then again to click.

If you don't hear from me for a few days, it's because of input problems.

I am taking steps to replace the keyboard, and, more urgently, the mouse. I'm amazed at how expensive replacements are, though.

****************************

I was amazed that I got some feedback from the last post!


The supernova I provided a link for is 190,000 light years away. Without thinking about it, it seemed like it would be a long time until we could possibly have any effects from this. But when I actually stopped and thought about it, it seems like it must've happened 190,000 years ago since we can see it. So, the question is, how fast are these effects traveling? If they were traveling at light speed, they'd already be here. The next question is, will there be any noticeable effects here on earth?

The article didn't answer either of these questions.

There is a link on the article, which will take you here. They didn't answer the questions, either, but the article has some incredible photos of supernovas. There's an article here about the birth of a different supernova. The photo above is Kepler's Supernova, and you can find out more about it, and other supernovas here.

****************************

I talked to John yesterday, via instant messaging chat, and he sent me some of the photos that he'd taken at Comic Con.

This first one is of Jennifer Love Hewitt and Jamie Kennedy signing autographs.


The next one is of one of the power girls at the con. John said that there were many, many power girls, and I think there's a whole page of power girls that were just at SD Comic Con, but John said that he particularly liked this one, both for her costume, and for choosing a costume that was perfect for her body type.

Unfortunatly, he didn't get the name of this lovely lady. If you know who she is, give us a shout. We'd love to credit her with having such great taste.


And we have yet another mystery photo. John swears that the person on the left is "somebody famous," and is sure he knows who the person is, but is suffering brain freeze. And I can't say that I am any better at the "name the famous person" game. So, if you know who this is, let me know in the comments, and you'll be putting up a credit for the photo.


****************************

There's a thunderstorm getting ready to strike, and I want to get off the computer right away, so I'm going to stop posting now.

Have a great evening and don't miss Leverage!

No comments:

Post a Comment