Friday, September 26, 2008

Tropical Storm Kyle on the Way

It was overcast and rainy all day yesterday, and it looks like it will be for a while. I usually tune in to the TV station that just says what the weather will be for today and a few days into the future.

But it doesn't show a map with information about highs and lows and so forth. I should watch the map more often because I had some meteorology training when I attended ground school to learn to fly, so I can look at the data in raw form and usually come up with a more accurate forecast than the weather people on TV.

So, we're going to have bad weather for a few days. Well, rainy, anyway.

I have to get moving if I want to get to the library during a lull in the rain, so this will be short.

The SciFi Channel will be showing Knight Rider tonight along with a new episode of Stargate Atlantis.

The episode of Knight Rider seems to be a repeat of the premier earlier in the week, which I missed because it was on at the same time as two other shows I really didn't want to miss, and which wouldn't be shown again until reruns. I am a little ambivalent about Knight Rider, but I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt until I actually get to see it.

One new show that's really exciting (at least to me) will be on tonight on the History Channel. It's called Hacking History, and is about the history of more recent technology. There was an article about this on io9, but I can't find it anymore. It raved about Nicola Tessla, and his experiments with electricity. The show's listing says it does deal with the history of electricity. I don't know if that's all it's ever going to deal with, or if that's what it's about this week. But it sounds like it will be fun finding out.

I have to run, now. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment