Thursday, September 4, 2008

Eureka! (again)

No, this is not about the show on SciFi.

This is about the Harry Potter KAL that I joined. It's very different than most. Each month, various "teachers" assign "homework" to do.

For instance, for Herbology, I need to make a hemp (or cotton, if I can't find hemp) washcloth. That's simple, straightforward, and only tricky if I decide it's so simple it's a foregone conclusion and I forget to do it.

For one of the classes, I have my choice of two projects: "Lumos" and "Wingardium Leviosa."

For Wingardium Leviosa, you have to make a project that either depicts something that flies, or (for extra points) something that actually flies (like a kite or something). I have no idea how you would make a kite that's functional.

The first thing that leapt to mind was something with a snitch on it like I made for  the other Harry Potter KAL.



I thought that would be the easy one, but It turns out I woke up in the middle of the night with a great idea for Lumos, which is a project that lights up.

I want to make a Christmas stocking out of dark blue yarn with glow-in-the-dark star-shaped beads strewn across it. This would not only glow in the dark, but would also work well with my house (Ravenclaw) since it's their symbol (as it was mine before JK even thought of Ravenclaw).

So, I'm off to JoAnn fabrics to buy some white, glow-in-the-dark star-shaped beads!

I'm going to love this one!

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment