Monday, December 6, 2010

19 Days Until Christmas

Yes, I know that the title of this post is totally annoying, but it just doesn't seem real to me. We just finished Thanksgiving, and there should be a whole month left, at least.

I can't believe how much I haven't done.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot that I have done. I'm the eternal optimist, though, and I always think I can get done lots more than it's humanly possible to do!

I'm usually disappointed.

I'm determined to get the Christmas stockings up on Angel Fire and Etsy tomorrow. I also intend to go to Joann Fabrics and WalMart, and write out the pattern for the stocking and get that up on both stores, too. That's physically impossible to do all that (given that I don't have a car, and the bus/waiting at the bus stop/walking time for that trip alone is about three hours, not counting the time actually in the stores) so it's pretty apparent that it's not going to get done.

Here's the photo of one of the almost finished stockings (again). I have to do some good photography of a finished stocking tomorrow, too, to get it listed and for the pattern.


This is a great way to package many different Christmas presents, folks, so if you're interested, check back tomorrow in case I manage to get it all up on the internet with a good photo! The one here doesn't really show off the beads and sparkle, not to mention that it's not blocked.

******************************

No Chuck tonight! I'm going through withdrawal! And there's no The Event, either!

There's a new Hawaii Five-O, and I think Castle is new tonight, too, although I'm not certain.

Tomorrow, Syfy is having a Warehouse 13 marathon during the day, and two Christmas specials in the evening. The specials are Eureka and Warehouse 13, and you can bet that they'll be repeating the heck out of both of them between now and Christmas, so don't worry if you miss them.

The Golden Compass seems to be up for grabs this Christmas season, and a couple of the networks have run it so far (the tail end is on Syfy right now), so it'll probably be on again a few times between now and Christmas. If you've read the books, you'll see that they did an excellent job of putting it on the big screen. The problem is that it's really the first third of a story (like Fellowship of the Ring is the first third of a story), and they haven't made the other two thirds. Considering that the girl who plays Lyra is growing up, the other two movies seem unlikely. But if you liked the books, you'll like the movie, and there are some interesting knitwear in if for you knitters.

There's lots of Christmas programming on, and I'm a sucker for those kinds of movies. Eloise at Christmas was on this past weekend, and will probably be repeated sometime before Christmas. The main networks that seem to be showing this kind of stuff seem to be: Lifetime Movie Network, ABC Family and Hallmark. If you have a kid, both of the Eloise movies are a good option if you're going to watch a movie with them.

Have a terrific evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment