Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhog Day/Candlemas/Imbolc/St. Bridget's Day!

I know, that's a lot to pile onto one little day of the year, but there it is.

I put up links about Groundhog Day, Candlemas and Imbolc yesterday. If you missed them, go back and check on them.

First of all, there were mixed results about Groundhog Day. Read about them here.

And, although I didn't have a handy groundhog to prognosticate, if one had been around, they would have seen their shadow up until about 1:30, when the sun went behind the ever-present clouds, and after that, he would not have seen a shadow. Part of the reason for that is that we're expecting snow flurries (or a winter storm, depending on which source you listen to) tonight and tomorrow morning. I'm hoping for flurries. Decorative, fun, and not a bother.

So, no good, solid answers here. But I'm still knitting winter gear, so I'll be ready in case of the worst.

*****************************


It's also Saint Bridget's Day! The Wikipedia entry for her says that it was yesterday, but I've seen it given as the second of February in many places. There's more information about her here, and here.

********************************

Lost is back tonight! There's an hour of bringing-you-up-to-date, followed by the first two hours of the new series, and the beginning of the last season!

I just can't tell you how excited I am about this!

And there's really nothing else worth watching this evening. Well, except Groundhog Day, which is on Bravo and just started.

Have a fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment