Friday, May 15, 2009

It's Friday!

Yesterday, I went to the library, and on the way, I noticed that the local ducks had a batch of ducklings. They were just too cute. I had to take a photo.


Here's the Earth Day Bag that I got the pattern from Ravelry, all finished.

It's OK. The construction, in general, is ingenious. The stitch pattern is intricate, and needlessly complicated and it biases. The author of the pattern says that the bias isn't a problem, and when you've used the bag a bit, it doesn't seem to bias as much. So there was a lot to like and a lot to dislike about this bag.


So, I started changeing it to suit myself. Here it is partly knit.


And here's the finished bag. It's a lot more open, which means it's bigger and will hold more without really using more yarn; the stitch pattern is much simpler, and it doesn't bias. When it has something in it and stretches, the pattern looks even better.


I'm calling it the Mrs. Figg String Bag. 

At the beginning of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Mrs. Figg is coming home from the market with canned (it clanks) cat food in her string bag. Hence, the name.

*********************

There's a new Ghost Whisperer on tonight!

May has traditionally been sweeps month, so there's been a lot of good stuff on the air. But this year, sweeps month (in May) ends on the twentieth. So last week and this have had a lot of season finales, including Dollhouse. This is the last Friday that's considered part of sweeps month, and I don't know if the episode of Ghost Whisperer is the season finale, but I'm glad there's something new to watch tonight.

Have a great Friday evening, and a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment