Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy Armed Forces Day!

Happy Armed Forces Day!

Not that I'm actually doing anything to celebrate Armed Forces Day this year, but you could if you wanted to. There are instructions here for how to have a happy AFD.

In the meantime, I salute all the members and former members of the Armed Forces of the United States!

I have more news in connection with this, but I'll have to wait until I inform the people involved before I can make it public.

***************************

In a slightly related story, I got my copy of Volume 2 of the Steve Canyon DVDs today! I just got home from going out with Holly, and haven't watched it yet, but the outside and inside covers look great as do the disc labels. My DVD player is having a problem with it's connection to the TV, and I don't know exactly what's causing it, so I have to straighten that out before I will be able to see it. But you can read more about it here.

************************

Holly and I went on our weekly trek to fun, this time to AC Moore, where I bought a skein of Tweedle Dee that I've been drooling over for quite a while. I plan to make a Crazy Aunt Purl Beret with it.

I also got a "task" chair from WalMart, and will be using that as soon as I manage to assemble it. I've been wanting this for more than two years, ever since I moved in here. Not only will I be able to use it for the computer, but I can use it for sewing once I get a table to put my sewing machine on.

***********************

SciFi is having the new episode of War of the Worlds on today, followed by Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

The first episode of the new season of Primeval will be premiering later tonight on BBC in America.

And Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire will be on (I think) ABC tonight.

I hope you're having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment