Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Thought I Had Nothing to Say, but It Turns Out that there's Lots!

I started out thinking that I had nothing to say today, but it turns out I was wrong.

The fog colored yarn (Merino Style) from Knit Picks came yesterday, and last night I cast on for a copy of Hermione's grey hat. So far, I've gotten four inches of it done, and will probably finish it tonight unless I run into a snag. I'm designing it as I go along, so there are no guarantees.

This is how far I've gotten:


This is what it looks like in the only photo I've been able to find:


I wish they'd shown the top of the hat. I originally just assumed that it all came together at the top like hats like that usually do. The thought struck me today that from what I can see, it's possible it's got a pom pom on top! But, of course, there's no way to tell!

The lace holes will look bigger when it's actually on someone's head, and the 1x1 rib will look more like the photo when it's stretched out.

I have to say that I absolutely love Merino Style! It may be just the most wonderful yarn available that you don't have to spin yourself. And it's not expensive, either. If this turns out well, I'll publish the instructions! I'm writing them down as I go along.

Yes, I know there are instruction on Ravelry, but that one was intended for a child, and I don't think it matches the photo as well as I'd like. Plus I'm writing this to fit an adult, namely, me. Actually, it's not impossible that there will be enough yarn left over to make another one. I ordered more than I thought it would take. 

We'll see.

******************************

Terry Gilliam is doing a new movie called The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus! If you click here, you can scroll down the page and find some information about it.

It sounds amazing!

**************************

I ran across information about a new series coming over from England. It'll be on BBC in America, of course, and it's called Being Human. Click on the link and read the article. I think I'm going to love it!

***********************

Timeline will be on the SciFi Channel tomorrow night!

Have a great evening!


*****************************

Addition:

My sister sent this to me today in an email:

Quote of the day:

Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater.

If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby.

If you give her a house, she'll give you a home.

If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.

If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.

She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her.

So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment