Monday, September 15, 2008

Bank Crashes!

First, let me get the fiber art content out of the way.

I found a video on how to make a lucet cord. You can find it here. I haven't really watched it yet. My computer doesn't do well with videos, and I have more trouble hearing them since the sinus/throat/ear infection and bronchitis in June, so they're usually not too interesting to me.

But lucet cords are so useful that I think all knitters and fiber artists should learn to make them.

I started reading a blog today, and the blogger (Jane) was talking about bank crashes. She lives in England, but she pulled my head out of the sand. I did a quick Google of bank crashes, and came up with a lot of scary information. 

Banks in the United States are crashing! It's happened to several already. And economists are predicting and preparing for more. Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae have had to be bailed out by the US government, and are essentially now government owned.

Everybody's marveling at the fact that banks are crashing and we're not even in a recession. 

I've said it before, we have been in a recession for years. About the time economists started speculating on whether we were going into a recession (at least a year ago), we had already started into a depression. The government is just pressuring authorities not to say that.

And while we're on the subject of US Government, since I live near DC, I can say with authority (because I saw it) that after the "plane" crashed into the Pentagon, there was no plane. There was lots of rubble from the building, but no plane. Somebody (apparently) bombed the Pentagon. Who?

Which is causing a personal depression for me. I'm wondering if I still want a bank account. At all.

Well, on to happier topics, namely Science Fiction and Fantasy.

There will be a new Eureka tomorrow night on the SciFi Channel! And Return of the Jedi will be on Spike.

Tonight, on the SciFi Channel, they will be showing reruns of Lost, from the very beginning. There will be the two hour pilot, followed by two episodes.

I missed the beginning of it on the first go-round, tried to start watching in the middle and found it confusing. So many people have told me such good things about it that I just have to watch it, though.

More great knitting stuff tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I've watched lost from the beginning and I'm still "lost!" But I found this theory that explained a lot. Don't know if it's right though.

    ReplyDelete