Friday, July 9, 2010

Comcast Strikes Again!

The cords that weren't included with the TiVo arrived on Wednesday and I called Comcast to schedule a repairman to come out and take the old box and install the card(s) the TiVo needs. Prior to this, they had told me that they would have someone out here the day after I got the TiVo set up.

But when the time actually came, they insisted they couldn't get anyone out here before Thursday of next week. After a little discussion, they said I could bring the DVR back to the office, hand it in, and they would give me a card to install myself.

I should have known better. They've promised me things before (like TV that doesn't break up, freeze, go to black or lose the sound) and they haven't delivered all that in the last three and a half years.

After a 5-1/2+ hour trip, I'm home minus the DVR (they did accept that), and without a card or cards for the TiVo. The person I spoke to on the phone said that they would have a card waiting for me at my local office in Dale City, but they not only didn't, they said that they never give out cards, and that they have to be installed by a repairman. So, she gave me an appointment for between 2 and 5 pm on Wednesday. Then she said "That'll cost $32!" I explained to her very carefully that it would not cost me anything because of the agreement they have with my apartment complex.

Well, it's obvious to me that, although there may be some people who are reluctant to try something like that themselves, it's just a moneymaking scam to refuse to give out the cards and insist on installing them. I'm also thinking it's a scam to give bad service and then insist that customers pay to have the problems Comcast makes for them fixed! As I said, they can't charge me for service calls. But they've already told me on the phone that service calls are $70 each, and they send them out without even asking you if you want service.

Once again with feeling, "I HATE COMCAST!"

*********************

I bought a bookmark through Etsy that arrived yesterday. That link will take you to another bookmark made by the person who made mine. Here's the one I got.


I've been using it all day while I was riding around on the bus, and it's so pretty! The photo doesn't do it justice. When I get outside in the sun, it shines and sparkles!

*************************

ABC Family is having another Harry Potter weekend! The Closer will be new on Monday (I think), and Covert Affairs will be starting on Tuesday. I can't wait! There's a new Doctor Who on Saturday on BBC in America, but I won't be able to see it because I can't get some of the stations without a card in my TiVo!

Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment