Sunday, November 7, 2010

Another Unintentional Post!

I have so many things that I should be doing right now, but I thought "I'll just get on the computer for a few minutes." and now, a few hours later, I'm trying to get away from it. So, I found some interesting stuff, and thought I'd tell you about it.

In the meantime, I've been doing some knitting with the size 7 Addi lace circular needles I bought in  both 16 and 24 inch lengths. I love them! I don't have the interchangeables, just the regular ones, but they're great. The points are so nice to knit with!

But I needed a size 8 for something, so, wanting to keep using that same point, I pulled out a pair of Bryspun circulars in that size, and I've fallen back in love with them, too! Now I want to buy some more of them! They're a bit less slippery than the Addis, and sometimes that's good.

****************************

The Yarn Harlot has invented a new word--Camnesia. Camnesia is when you bring along your camera, but get so engrossed with what's happening that you forget to take any pictures.

The last time she invented a word (Kinneared--to take a photo of someone surreptitiously without holding the camera to your face) she was interviewed by Graham Norton and Greg Kinnear over the phone on the Graham Norton Show. I hope I've remembered the details of that correctly. She invented that particular word on the day I met her. You know, this is a photographic term, too.

Just thought you might want to keep up to date on these things.

****************************

The other day on my blog I said:

The Christmas projects proceed apace, and I can't show you most of them, only the ones for people who don't read my blog, so that's going to be boring. Sorry!


In case you don't read the comments, I got one from my granddaughter on this particular post. It says:


Grandma, I don't read your blog... You can show pictures of my Christmas gift... I promise not to look!!  ;)

 ******************************

And if you want another laugh, check out the current post at the Panopticon!

********************************

I'll leave you with a terrific photo of Robin, taken while he and Holly were in New Orleans. I love this!



Hope you're having a fabulous weekend, and have a great week, too, while I'm not writing because I'm trying to catch up on all the things I should have done today!

No comments:

Post a Comment