Sunday, March 11, 2012

We Lost an Hour Today!



That's right, it was time to spring forward early this morning!

It comes around every year, and I'm never prepared. Loosing an hour of sleep always makes me cranky!

But, it's a little after 7 pm, and it's still daylight here! That's a good thing! It makes me feel like Spring is really on it's way.

***********************************

Get in on a Review and Giveaway for Knitters!

I came across a great article about something every knitter needs today, and they're giving it away!

Check this out!

If you have hearing problems, like me, you don't really have to hear what she's saying in the video to get the gist. She's giving away a gadget that looks like the spike you stick receipts on, but it looks like it has ball bearings or some other provision to make it spin easily. You impale your ball of yarn on the spike, and it feeds off evenly and without tangles! What knitter doesn't need something like that?

Enter today! The giveaway closes at noon on Tuesday!

***********************************

Since I Keep Changing Subjects So Often, I've Decided to Make it Easier

I've decided to not only put in a row of asterisks when I change subject, but to put in a title for the subject change so you can read what you want and disregard the rest.

Enjoy!

***********************************

Star Trek 2!

The other evening, I was watching Star Trek (the new, revised version with a whole new history), and loving it, just as I did the previous 5 times I watched it (it's still on my DVR so I can watch it again), and wondering, now that he's created this great, brand-new history, what is J.J. Abrams going to do with it?

Well, that question has been at least partially answered!

They started filming the next movie in January, and we can expect a brand-new extravaganza next summer! Wikipedia has more news here, and that link will probably take you to updates over time. They haven't got a release title yet (movies seldom do at this stage), so everybody just seems to be calling it Star Trek 2.

I don't know about you, but the only other science fiction news that could get me this excited is if Joss Whedon announced that he was putting Firefly back on the air!

***********************************

There's a New Sookie Stackhouse Book Coming!

On the first of May, there will be a brand new book about Sookie Stackhouse out! I can hardly wait!

It's called Deadlocked , and there's no information about the story, only preordering on Amazon.

Charlane Harris has some general information about what she's up to (along with some other really great writers) on her blog here. She has, however, published Chapter 2 of Deadlocked using Flash (so you probably can't read it on a phone or tablet). I don't know why she published Chapter 2 rather than Chapter 1 (I haven't read it yet), but it's there if you, like me, can't wait.

If you're a fan of Charlane, you might want to check out Diana Gabaldon, who is the author of the series I'm currently reading, the Outlander series.

The first book in the series is Outlander , and it's about Claire Randall, who lives in England during the 1940s. On a trip to Scotland, she walks between two stones of a henge to collect a botanical specimen, and winds up in the 1700s. Her adventures are immediate and exciting, and it all takes off from there.

I'm about halfway through the second book, Dragonfly in Amber , and loving it!

Oh, Once Upon a Time is on! I have to go watch it!

Have a wonderful week!





No comments:

Post a Comment